What traction device does Dr. Laurence Levine recommend?

Previous topic - Next topic

gungawotcho

Saw the video of him explaining how one of his patients with 70 degrees ventral curve got cured through 6 months of traction. Does anybody know the device he used or the one Dr. Levine recommends?

Lester7

Levine had me get the us physiomed device. (That was the end of 2015.)

skunkworks

The physiomed appears to be a standard traction device, pretty much exactly the same as the x4, andropenis, jes extender etc etc. Shop on price and the amount of comfort options they come with, the more options you have the more chance there is of finding a workable combination.

Restorex is another option if you are in the US, but it's much more expensive and does not have as much by way of data backing it at the moment.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

TonySa

Maybe consider the suction devices as they can be worn for a longer time period than the noose types.  ESL-40 is least expensive and penimaster pro is a well regarded one.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

gungawotcho

Quote from: Lester7 on September 02, 2018, 03:35:49 PM
Levine had me get the us physiomed device. (That was the end of 2015.)

Thank you. Were you able to get results with this device?

Gabriel

Yep, Tsanchez is right: I originally bought Andropeyronie, went for 6 months or so with it, re-injured myself and had a lot of hard hours wearing it... So I don't recommend it; I just even spent another 350 bloody euros to order a PenismasterPro and ESL40^^... So don't do the same mistake man!
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

Midwestman07

i think he currently recommends the Penismaster Pro, or at least he did to me last year. He begins recommending you use at minimum 3 hrs daily. I worked up to 6 hours daily. It has helped. I had purchased an X4 before my appointment and had great difficulty with it. The Penismaster was much more comfortable in my opinion.  
60 yo, three years with peyronies, first 1.5 yrs worst with 40 degree curve and loss of length. No curvature now, erections good but didn't recover my lost length. Traction for 1.5 yrs which I stopped 6 months ago, and uncertain if it hurt or helped.

frank_a_c

He recommended the Penimaster Pro to me in December '16.  

Frank55

He currently recommends the Penimaster. I had an appointment with him about two weeks ago.

Midwestman I too wasted some time with the X4 when this problem first started. That is a piece of crap.
Single and 58 yrs. old - first peyronies symptoms Fall 2015
Had grafting surgery by Franklin Kuehhas in June 2016 - complete failure
Borderline ED possible but not taking drugs, shots or using VED
Now evaluating options for next step

Pfract

Curious to see if he is going to change his mind for the restorex, now that it has some data behind it and is backed by mayo clinic?  

ripcurl09

Quote from: Frank55 on September 24, 2018, 06:43:37 AM
He currently recommends the Penimaster. I had an appointment with him about two weeks ago.

Midwestman I too wasted some time with the X4 when this problem first started. That is a piece of crap.

I too have spent wasted months, pinched skin and money on the X4. Can you please suggest a better alternative traction device?
THank you,
45 Year Old Whit Male, 2016 Penile injury during sex, significant curve up, loss of approx 2" length and 27% girth, Trying VED & Traction for restoration

Pfract

@ripcurl09: You can always give restorex a try. Whilst i haven't used it, nor i am endorsed by it or affiliated with Dr. Landon Trost in anyway, i find both the videos, website, and documentation to be very good and professional looking. The Dr.  that invented it works at Mayo Clinic, in Minnesota and is reputable America wise as well. The problem is the price; 500$

There are some members here that used it and reported good results. Give it a thought. restorex dot com

Hawk

Interesting, I used the X4 for years.  I even ordered a pair of higher tension springs for it and wore in under great tension.  I have been completely satisfied with it as I think you can be satisfied with a standard traction device that is difficult to wear under clothing.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

ripcurl09

Quote from: pfract on November 17, 2018, 03:11:52 AM
@ripcurl09: You can always give restorex a try. Whilst i haven't used it, nor i am endorsed by it or affiliated with Dr. Landon Trost in anyway, i find both the videos, website, and documentation to be very good and professional looking. The Dr.  that invented it works at Mayo Clinic, in Minnesota and is reputable America wise as well. The problem is the price; 500$

There are some members here that used it and reported good results. Give it a thought. restorex dot com

Thank you. I did watch the videos yesterday before posting and I do see where their system looks like it could work better. Yes, $500 is a ton of money, and I'm by no means rich, but for such an important part of my body and life enjoyment, I would spring for the right device. Thanks!
45 Year Old Whit Male, 2016 Penile injury during sex, significant curve up, loss of approx 2" length and 27% girth, Trying VED & Traction for restoration

Neutralview

Quote from: ripcurl09 on November 16, 2018, 06:16:23 PM
I too have spent wasted months, pinched skin and money on the X4. Can you please suggest a better alternative traction device?
THank you,

Me too I spent a lot of money on 2 X4 labs devices which made my penis more bent! I haven't got Peyronie's, I had a non congenital curvature of around 30 degrees since I was 16 it was curved like a banana.

So the 1st extender I decided to use was the JES extender which straightened the base of my penis ( the first 2 inches) but I then decided to buy the X4 Labs as it had more tension ( 4200 gram compared to the JES which has 2800g) as I wanted to straighten the rest of my penis from the mid shaft to my glans.

But after using the X4 labs after a few months it made my penis more bent & curved like a banana again! So I decided to stop using it.

I was thinking about having an operation but that is more of a last resort. So now I think the right thing to do is to start using the JES extender again which straightened my penis in the first place.

I have a few questions though for other people who have/are using the JES:

Is it as good at reducing curvature as the Size genetics?? Is it the same as the Size Genetics?? ( I've been told the Size genetics & the JES are manufuctured by the same company in Denmark is it true??)

Do I point the extender straight out or downwards considering I have an upward curve?? I don't want the JES to make my penis even more bent like the X4 labs did so I'm a bit reluctant to use another extender again.

For my penis to straighten out do I need to feel the ligaments on the top of my penis getting stretched only??  Or do I need to feel both the ligs underneath my penis & on the top of my penis getting stretched??

Mark2019

I believe all the devices work no matter which one you are buying but being in compliance and have the right doctor and provider you can get the results. I am using the usphysiomed extender since July 2018 and still calling to them for some questions and spare parts. You never go another place, talk with Mike Hays is the best consultant and he is very well knowledge of Peyronie's and traction device. BTW it was recommended by Dr. Levine.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

thinkpositive

Make an appointment and find out.  What he recommended in 2016 or 2017 is not what he recommends today in 2019.  I'm pretty sure RestoreX will become the standard in the USA, insurance will cover the cost eventually.  The cost was nothing as far as I'm concerned, and the support is outstanding.  I had a small problem with mine, they replaced and gave me an extra part for the future.  Product is designed and made in the USA of the highest quality.  

The most important part, 30 minutes in the early morning...done.  I'm going to add in 30 minutes before bed too.