Not sure what's going on...

Previous topic - Next topic

OhHey

Hey, first time poster, and here's a bit of background before I go into detail. I'm 33, have had the same partner for a few years, and she's extremely monogamous. I get bloods drawn for my thyroid levels once every other month, and I have them do other screenings while they are doing draws for adrenals, STDs, infections, and tumor markers as I had testicular cancer about 7 years ago which left me with a fake lad in the left side. Tumor was stage 1A seminoma, and nothing ever reared its head after surgery, so I doubt this is connected. I workout quite a bit, mixture of lower and upper body with quite a heavy weightlifting regiment. Enough to have pinched a nerve on my back within the last 6 months. I also have a weird node or lump that has drastically reduced in size over the years, and nothing has even been said about it in my urologist visits, nor has it ever really given me any issues before this. It's free floating in the remainder of my foreskin after being circumcised from birth, so I assume it's scar tissue or a cyst or something like that. I have kinda marked it in green in the image below, but it's more off to the side than on the top, and again, confined to the skin that stops short of the glans. I kinda feel like it's a epicenter for this sensation I'm feeling, but we'll get to that. No noticeable bending from what I can tell and this nodule has been there since 2002-ish?

Ok, so basically about 3 weeks or so ago, I noticed an odd sensation from my penis during masturbation. At first I thought maybe I had stressed out something, or the skin had chaffed, etc, but it has persisted for a few days now, and the sensation is like a tingly...stinging or pinching sensation from almost internally in the shaft. Certainly not topical. It's a bit more of a nagging dull sensation I suppose, or like someone pinching the side of your penis but not hard. If I apply pressure, the pain decreases or goes away, but if something touches the surface, or moves the penis it can be felt. Again, it's not like an "OUCH!" pain... just a nagging sensation, and it's only on the right side and occasionally is present on top of the right side of the glans if I lay down or something. Now just to be as detailed as possible, I have felt odd pings and pains from this side of my pelvic area for years, but mostly located behind the testicles, or below the waistline and what I figured was likely sciatica or pelvic nerve entrapment... or something similar as they come and go. There's no swelling, no change to the bump, no redness, no bruise, no nothing on the surface, and trust me... I've looked at it for a few days to see if there was any change, and not one thing is different from before.

I made a little sketch to kinda detail where the sensation is. Google provided me with a bunch of similar cases, but it seems like the pain described by those guys was a bit more severe, or had been going on for years, etc. So far, if the pain severity has changed at all, I think it's decreased, but it's a bit hard to be sure about that... I know it's a lot less nagging and more like a periodic pinch sensation if I bear down while on the toilet, or while laughing, or when reclining, or if I touch the surface of the right side of the glans, or even the general area marked in red. Now I can touch it, get aroused, ejaculate, etc without feeling much of anything, but my penis has been in a perpetual state of shock and shyness since this started happening, I assume from thinking about it too much.

Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to be as detailed and thorough in hopes for some reassurance. Someone mentioned to me before about pelvic floor nerve entrapment could cause this issue, or some sort of prostatitis (infection) which I just kicked a odd case of thrush a few weeks ago after hiking in sweaty briefs for too long. Doubt that's it though, as that came after this and has dissipated since. I suppose I did what most would do and get on google and start checking out symptoms, which led me here, and also to a penis stretching website that suggested it might be a thrombosed vein or a pinched nerve within the penis, or a small blood clot in one of the blood vessels due to aggressive intercourse or masturbation, which might be the case too.

TL: DR Odd pinching sensation from inside shaft under head. Not painful, just dull and nagging. Sometimes I can notice it when relaxing, other times I do not. Sensation spikes when something brushes against the area marked in red above, or slightly touches it, but is alleviated once full pressure is applied. No STDs, and no painful urination, bumps, bruises, lumps (aside from in the foreskin which can be moved away within the skin and has been around for 15+ years)

I'm thinking maybe a pinched nerve radiating into the penis, or a pinched nerve in the penis or blood clot, but you gents probably know a lot more about penis injuries, and pains that I do. I spoke to my doctor over the phone who suggested I see my urologist, but he said that if the sensation or pain has decreased in severity or changed at all, it's not cancer, and it's likely not serious, but to keep an eye on it.  

OhHey

Update... pain seems to kinda be dissipating. I don't feel it nearly as frequent or as intense as I did before. Haven't done a leg day in over a week, and the only time I really feel it now is if I bear down (or I guess strain?) to pass gas or something, and it's just for a split second. I'm thinking it might be pelvic floor related, but taking it easy has helped? I dunno really.  

TonySa

Maybe try the pelvic floor exercises?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

OhHey

I've been researching and I did a couple reverse kegels earlier. This change occurred without their assistance, but once I get home, I'll try a few more.  

OhHey

Alright, new update. I've only really been feeling the pinching during lifting, or working out as mentioned earlier. I ended up going to the gym, skipping legs just to be safe, and felt the pinch while doing bench presses, and lat pull downs. So chalk it up to a pinch when I strain or bear down, as mentioned before too.

Got home, took a shower, and then observed. No real swelling that I can notice, but there is a purple spot on the corona of the right side of the glans which I thought I had noticed before, but didn't think much of it. I turned the glans and don't see one on the left, so I assume this is a hematoma or bruise? Maybe if it was a blood vessel or clot, it released and this is the blood on the surface. I mean the pinch does kinda feel like it's coming from that general area.

OhHey

Ok, checked it out again and there's purple blood vessels on the corona now instead of a noticeable bruise or spot. Only difference between before and now is I didn't just hop out of the shower.