News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Hello I'm new

Previous topic - Next topic

chestnut

Hello all,

I'm a 26yo guy, and I suspect I have Peyronies for quite a long time already, though I don't have a diagnosis. Until yesterday I didn't know what it was(!) and didn't know it could be treated.

I have quite serious bends/curves: almost 90 degrees turned left in a subtle curve, something like this.
And another curve not quite as bad, maybe 20-30%? turning downwards, something like this

I was surprised to read some people here describe they have Peyronies with a curve upwards; I thought it was normal when it's pointing upwards :-X

At this point, since I just learned and realized that it's a condition, I need to think about what to do next. Should I see a doctor? Should I try traction? (I was reading a bit on it yesterday here)

Great to see that there's a forum for this!

Best

Monty

Hi, welcome to our forum. sounds like you got it bad, how long have you had your bend/curves? have you done any treatments at all?
i had bend to left now got a curve upwards.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

chestnut

Thanks! As long as I can remember, so from my teens, though I think it got worse over the years. I have done zero treatments. Good to know I am / was not alone!

I vaguely remember that I went to a urologist like 5-6 years ago, and as far as I recall he said he could either treat it surgically, or to leave it if it doesn't cause pain and I can still have sex with it. He never mentioned Peyronies. I think the reason I went to him was actually because of my tight foreskin (which may have caused the Peyronies?), which by the time I got an appointment I had treated myself manually.

Monty

hi it sounds like you have a congenital penis , and can only be treated  via  surgical operation.

71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

TonySa

Cogenital curves do not result in ED and therefore surgery is not needed unless curve is severe and prevents intercourse.  Side effects of surgery always include shortening and sometimes ED.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Cowboy James

I think if someone has a lot of congenital curvature then it is highly likely they will get some amount of peyronies because of the stress that is placed on the penis. It could be worth looking into techniques which would minimise this stress.