Very over my head and could use help.

Previous topic - Next topic

HereNow

About me: Almost 20, had the "pop" that indicates a penile fracture when I was 17, had issues ever since, went to a urologist earlier this year, and finally worked my way through to a doppler test and a diagnosis. I've been technically diagnosed with Peyronie's Disease, but the urologist said that "We can't find any scar tissue" (physical exam) and "On your doppler, blood flow looks to be going as it should" but that it clearly isn't psychological in nature, as certain parts of the penis won't expand during an erection (mainly the head and the underpart of the shaft) as well as loss in length and girth overall.

Anyways, I received my diagnosis, and was told by the doctor that he'd prescribe a penis pump to "see what happens", with the hypothesis that the penile tissue simply needed to be forced to expand to return things to working order. He gave me a pamphlet for Augusta Medical systems, said insurance would pay for it, and so he filled out the prescription and I filled out my contact info and sent it in. I got a call from AMS about an hour ago in which I was informed that they no longer billed insurance at all, that it was all sold over the counter, and that "I would want the model with 3 tubes, as that's what people with your condition usually purchase. He said it would be about $150.

I was so angry when I heard that insurance wouldn't cover it, as I'm very poor, and hung the phone up on him. Does anybody know what model exactly he's referring to so that I can order it online, or a similar model at a lower price? I have $400 and crippling depression to my name, and that's it. I can't afford to spend $150 on a pump that breaks down.

vinnylid

I bought a good tube for around $40 on the internet. It has a pressure gauge and has a rechargeable battery. Works great for me. I will give you the info if you want

JS1991

Hey, I have the same symptoms of the head and underside of my penis not filling with blood during erection. This could be a pelvic floor issue, do you have "hard flaccid?"
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

HereNow

I read your journey and some of what you're describing sounds akin to my issue, ex. "my penis feels as if it's segmented as opposed to whole" in terms of what does and doesn't get it erect. Did you notice any wrinkling or loss of sensation your own case? I've developed dark wrinkles along my penis, and a google search says it's potentially the result of damage to my corpus Cavernosum (and would make sense, with the "pop" that I heard also being a symptom of a penile fracture, as well as the ensuing weirdly-soft sensation that I had around the skin where the pop had occurred.) At the same time, my doctor says he can't feel any scar tissue, and the blood flows like it should, according to him anyways. Have you noticed any of these things?

lime

It seems that I have a similar condition to you. What kinds of treatments have you tried, and do they work? Thanks.