Recently Completed "Xiaflex Treatment...

Previous topic - Next topic

MJCochran

New to this forum.......... That said, in reading several posts on various treatment topics, it appears there are some very astute and well researched individuals in this venue, on the topic of Peyronie's.  Like many, I've been dealing with this progressive condition for a couple years, seeking all the information I can garner from any and all reliable sources.

Upon seeing a Urologist on this matter, for the first time, I was heartened when he announced a new FDA approved treatment, called "Xiaflex." Sounds as though most here are already up on specifics relative to this treatment, so I'll try to avoid redundancy. In short, was advised this new drug effectively acted as a "chemical knife" to break up collagen. Application involves injections directly into penis with a small gauge hypodermic needle, between 6 to 8 times per treatment, to ensure adequate coverage throughout mass. And yes, it is every bit as painful as it sounds.

As I gradually communicated results and feelings of disappointment to my treating Urologist, he advised I needed to spend more time "Penis Molding," which is effectively contorting yourself in a direction opposite the curvature. That's all well and good until the obvious pain associated with with this kind of bending and torquing quickly results in a flaccid penis.

With high hopes, a $750 co-pay for a single course of treatment, several applications (add'l $20 co-pay per office visit) within said course of treatment, what I was left with was a red, blue and purple penis that looked like it went 15-rounds with Rocky Balboa, a magnitude of pain I hope not to expierence again in this lifetime and a gaping $1K'ish hole in my checking account.

Where my Peyronie's was not resolved or even significantly improved, it did cause 'plaque' to change of the angle of the dangle. Not something I'd opt for again...

For what it's worth...
And thanks to all, for the wealth of information throughout this forum...

Jay

QuackAttack

MJ,

If you have only gone through one injection or the entire first cycle, you have to realize that you will need to go through 4-6 cycles. I personally went through 8 cycles of Xiaflex an have now gone through 7 cycles of Verapimil with another 5 to go. I'll go out on a limb and say nobody in this forum has had more needles stuck into their penis than me. Xiaflex is not going to necessarily take you from 60 degrees to zero degrees. The average is about 25-30 degrees reduction. I went from 55-60 degrees to about 30 degrees. Better, but I would like to get to about 10-15 degrees, which is why I am Doing Verapimil and have my URO, the chief of Urology at Walter Reed looking into the Botox trial results. The most important thing you can do to keep the swelling and pain down during Xiaflex is to keep your penis wrapped with the coflex for 3 days.

Pfract

Quack: not only you went through so many, but you are still here with us sharing your experiences. I hope you see the results you have been hoping for man. Best of luck!  

JohnR

50 year old, onset in Feb. '18, diagnosed in Mar '18, 4 rounds of Xiaflex completed, little improvement, mentally overwhelmed...ED issues, major anxiety issues now.