Just bought VED. Some questions.

Previous topic - Next topic

JS1991

So I've just bought my SomaErectSTF or whatever it's called. I have a few questions, although I have done my research, I'd like an updated opinion if possible.

1: I'm still in the active phase. My doctor advised against using a VED until I'm in the chronic phase. My research has shown that members of this forum (including Old Man) have said it is OK to use during the active phase, so any opinions on this would be helpful.

2: I've lost an inch of girth (5.5 down to 4.5) via hourglassing at the tip of my penis. This is the main reason I am using the device; can I expect to gain any of it back?

3: I've been afraid of using a VED for a long time now, which is partly why I have waited so long to use it. Major tips for avoiding injury?

Thank you!

Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

Monty

Hi, hope you enjoy your VED like i enjoy mine, first take your time no rush, shave around the base of your penis, this will give you a better air seal, try the 'A' cylinder first, use lube gel on your glans and shaft and the first 2 inch inside cylinder, slid your penis into the cylinder and push back into your body fat, then start with a few pumps and release, just get the feeling of your penis inside the cylinder, after a few increase the amount of pumps, see your penis grow inside the cylinder, if you feel any pain stop, you may need to change cylinders if 'A' is to small for you it will give you pain. NOTE. NEVER OVER PUMP, you will see when your penis stops growing when pumping so that's the point to stop, good guide is stop pumping when your penis reaches the max erection size you was before Peyronies Disease. I have a few post on this site that you may want to look up, all about VED and my progress.  
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

JS1991

Thank you for all the help and advice Monty, much appreciated!
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

JS1991

I have a new question: My flaccid penis literally does not fit in the A cylinder, so I'm assuming I should just stick with B and C? Also, I just tried pumping for the first time using the B cylinder and realized that the tight fit could potentially correct my natural/congenital 30 degree curve upwards that I DO NOT want to remove. I want to keep it and not touch it at all. I only have a 5 degree (formerly 15, corrected with traction) curve to the left from my peyronie's; it is an hourglass band of fibrosis wrapping completely around the top 1/4 of my penis shaft under the head. I am not using the VED to correct curve at all, just to improve hourglassing and regain lost girth. With that in mind, should I just do a 26 weeks straight with the C cylinder?

Also, I pumped up and my hourglassing did not fill out as much as the non-scar tissue portion of my penis. When I get natural erections it fills out a lot more. Is this normal? I'm assuming this is part of the process of hourglass correction? Lastly, I only pumped to about 40-50% erection out of an abundance of caution. I felt the vacuum pressure pulling on my penis and it felt a bit weird, so I didn't want to go overboard. Should I just pump straight through to 100% natural erection size?

Monty

Hi, this not a quick fix, i was 9 weeks before a saw any improvement my penis, do the 26 week protocol using 'B & C' cylinders, take photos as a record every 2-3 weeks, any problems just add to this post of yours.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

JS1991

Will the B cylinder inadvertently correct my natural/congenital upward curve of 30 degrees? I would like to keep it.

Monty

Hi, no worry, if you have a congenital upward curve which you want to keep for sexual reason (know what you mean) then using your VED will not straighten it out, it may look straight in cylinder, but will return when withdrawn, think only a operation can straighten a congenital curve.

JS1991

Ok great thanks! I have to say, after just one night of VED my penis physically feels like it is no longer segmented, it feels smoother and like it's whole again. I'm looking forward to continuing.

JS1991

An update/new question regarding my VED situation. I don't use the A cylinder because my penis literally does not fit in it flaccid/semi-flaccid, and even the B cylinder was tight so I was only using the C cylinder. It was suggested to me that I continue with the B cylinder, so I tried using it again last night, but as I pumped my penis became strangled girth-wise before it could reach full length. I just pumped until it stopped growing longer, then gave it an extra pump for good measure, but my penis was sore after and today when I woke up. So, I think I'm going to just stick to the C cylinder again.

Am I pumping incorrectly? Should I just stick with the C cylinder, or give the B another shot? I am not looking to straighten a curve out, just increase girth and remove hourglassing; what benefit does anything other than C cylinder give me in that regard? Thanks in advance!

Monty

Hi, just use the 'C' cylinder, but be careful, the rubber seal / cushion leaves a step in the cylinder, this is due to this seal is used also for 'B' cylinder, this gave me some pain and damage to my shaft.
you may find it better if you give 3 pumps rest for 5 seconds then another 3 pumps, rest for 5 sec, repeat until you reach max, then hold for no more then 10 seconds, release, rest for 5 secs, and repeat, due this for 10 minutes.

I have just ordered the XL cylinder, you may need the same.  

JS1991

Quote from: Monty on September 03, 2018, 06:38:03 AM
but be careful, the rubber seal / cushion leaves a step in the cylinder, this is due to this seal is used also for 'B' cylinder, this gave me some pain and damage to my shaft.

Thanks for the response! What do you mean by the seal leaving a "step" in the cylinder? There are two rubber seals that come with the SomaErectStf and I've just been using the larger one with the C cylinder. Should I use both? My biggest goal here is avoiding any further damage to myself.

TonySa

The second seal is to prevent the scrotum from being sucked in.  With it without there's a gap of step between the base of the seal and the tube that Monty's referring to.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

JS1991

Thank you for clarifying. So you suggest I use both seals with the C cylinder?

Monty

Hi you should have 2 seals, you only use both if you are using 'A' cylinder, that fits inside 'B' cylinder  which fits inside 'C' cylinder, the larger seal is designed to the same diameter as 'B' cylinder, but its also used for 'C' cylinder, so the hole diameter of the seal is about 10mm smaller than the inside diameter of the 'C' cylinder, fit the seal into 'C' cylinder and feel inside where the seal ends ,you can feel the step between the seal and inside of 'C' cylinder.

Gabriel

Hey JS!

Know what you mean mate, I had almost the same issues as you with the SomaErect at first, except that your penis must be a little bigger, because I can actually struggle to fit in the A cylinder, which Old Man recommended me to use whatever it takes but pain.

Just like you, when I use the B cylinder, pretty fast half of my shaft is being compressed against the edges of the cylinder (4 months ago, it was the whole shaft... Bloody f***ing hourglass!). BUT, I have kept using the B cylinder, pumping very slow, without getting worried about my max girth being reached before my max length: well, it has caused me no harm so far, and I'm even pretty much convinced this B cylinder is doing me some good (especially since my hourglass progressed).

So I'm not an expert, but I would recommend you to give a few other shots to the B cylinder, slow and easy. For this, I absolutely recommend using only the wider seal, as if you already have a big girth, the smaller seal can be even more painful (I stopped using it pretty soon, and had no problem ever since, except this "step" problem Monty has already mentioned and solved (thx Monty!))!

- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

JS1991

Thanks for all the info Gabriel, I think I'll give the B cylinder another shot. How long have you been using VED and have you seen any improvement in your girth/hourglassing?

Gabriel

You're welcome JS!

Well, me and the VED is a complicated story so far: I began in november with the one-cylinder version, used it for 3 months or so pumping until 110-120% (didn't know the forum at that time  ::)). In the meantime my hourglass worsened significantly (but I had not lost any size at the time...), so my uro told me to try the "stop it and let it rest technique"; what I did for one month, where I began loosing length and girth even quicker... Then I bought the SomaErect, used it for like 5 weeks seeing some little improvement inside the cylinders but nothing noticeable outside, and then I began my PRP/HA injections protocol, which forbids me to use a VED for 15 days after each shot.

So unfortenately, I can't tell you anything scientifically firm from my experience; the only advice I surely give is to indeed use this B cylinder if you can, and don't be as silly as I was and don't pump over 99%, as tempting as it be ;)
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

justme72

What all areas is the VED supposed to help with Peyronies Disease?

JS1991

justme72, It helps with restoring lost girth (and possibly length) and removing hourglass scarring, as well as preventing further girth/length loss.

JS1991

Just wanted to update that I'm on a cycle of Pentox and have been using VED lately, and successfully managed to use the B cylinder comfortably. I've noticed something that others have mentioned, which is that my hourglassing does not fill up in the C cylinder. It is a weird effect where the rest of my penis engorges first fully before the hourglass portion. In the B cylinder that problem does not exist, I'm guessing because of the increased pressure via smaller cylinder. I'm now beginning to understand the logic behind our VED protocol in rotating from small to big cylinder, although I still do not plan on using "A".

Just some thoughts. I'll update this thread more as I continue!

Monty

Hi, sounds like your doing well with your VED, not many can use the 'A' cylinder so no worry, keep on using the 'B' & 'C' cylinders, i would go for 80% 'B', 20% 'C' for now, then work towards a 50 - 50 use.