Nesbit procedure question

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

I have just had my Nesbit procedure done last week. I was wondering if its normal to have some bleeding. It's not pools of blood but its bleeding under the head of the penis after I was circumcised. I am not too worried at the moment just was wondering if this is normal when you have this procedure?

qwertyman

I had minor bleeding on the frenulum after my STAGE surgery. How long has yours lasted for and where is it bleeding form exactly?

CaptainHook

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't say it the frenulum, it's at the top side of the penis below the head of the penis. it's not bleeding too much. I was just wondering if that was normal I am not too worried as of yet.  

TonySa

Probably from the circumcision.  I hoped the doc offered to do it without a circumcision as down the road much sensation is lost without a foreskin.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

CaptainHook

Unfortunately, I had to be circumcised the doctor told me that I had too much foreskin. It would make the procedure easier to remove it.  But I rather have less sensation than to have a bent penis, that looked hideous and was non-functional.  

TonySa

I'm sorry to hear that, an experienced doc can do the surgery without circumcision, but at least it sounds like you're good w it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

damned

Tsanchez12369,

why do you unsettle him? It is how it is.

TonySa

I'm sorry but for any others reading this, it's important to know and not be inappropriately circumcised when it's not necessary.  Once a thread is created many others will be reading it.  The real harm is the physicians who routinely recommend circumcision.

damned

Then open a new topic that draws attention to it. I'm doubtful that there are many surgeons who don't perform circumcision along with straightening...

tiagofil

"If the plaque is located distally this operation is usually performed through a circumcising incision [...]", so not all plication surgeries require a circumcision, that's my conclusion but I may be wrong.

TonySa

Again, several experienced docs have indicated circumcision is not necessary for plication surgery.  Post circumcision (after many months) significant sensations are list and sex is never the same again!

TonySa

Those of us circumcised as infants have no idea of the impact of the loss of sensations we would have had.  The loss of hundreds of nerve endings, inability to have sex without lubricant, the keratanized glans all have a huge negative impact. Yes, you can read about this in medical publications.  Now, if there's anyone who was circumcised as an adult (more than 12 months ago)!maybe they could share their experience you might believe it.  Sorry nan, so many of us were screwed out of a better sex life and don't even know it.

CaptainHook

My sensitivity is pretty good at the moment. I have no numbness or loss of sensitivity. I do have some bleeding which I am going to get it looked at tomorrow from the circumcision. But the Nesbit seems good so far. It's healing well.  

TonySa

Glad it's going well!  The sensitivity loss worsens over time and takes many months to see the final outcome.  That said, what's Done is done and hopefully the outcome is good for you.

LWillisjr

I've posted this before but seems appropriate to do so again. I personally someone who had to be circumcised at the age of 21 for some medical reasons. He told me once he recovered sex and sensation was MUCH better than before he was circumcised.

For what's worth.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

Lwillus,  that's often the case for awhile during the healing process over months.  especially as the glans becomes keratanized over time from not being covered.  Would be interesting to know how recent after his circumcision did he report that.

Perceptible Curve

Quote from: Tsanchez12369 on August 09, 2018, 11:25:16 PM
Probably from the circumcision.  I hoped the doc offered to do it without a circumcision as down the road much sensation is lost without a foreskin.
I totally agree with Tsanchez. As someone without foreskin that wished I had, I would have fought to keep it. But please keep us updated as to your progress and if you miss having a foreskin. Believe it or not there are guys that grow it back by means of stretching if you choose.
Onset of Peyronies ~16 years ago.
~45 Degree bend upwards and a bit to the left.
Completed all cycles of Xiaflex as of April 2019. Slight improvement from Xiaflex and now had a Penile Prothesis implanted Sept 9th 2019.

LWillisjr

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

alasch

from what i understand you can perform penis surgery with a foreskin sparing technique.