Progress with traction - andropeyronie device

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

First Post:

I am six weeks into traction using the andropeyronie device. The instructions advise 9 hours of traction. I have trouble meeting that and am averaging 5-7 hours most days. I have a 30 degree bend left - it started in April 2018. I began traction on June 26, 2018. I have been adding extenders to the device every week. The instructions suggest adding a 0.5cm ring weekly. I am adding a 0.25cm extension. It's less than recommended but I am in traction less - so I hope it all evens out (pun intended).

The device is easy to use - and only slightly painful when attached (slight pinching). My initial measurements were 4.3" (flaccid) and 6.3" (stretched) and a 30 degree curve. I will report any gains when appropriate.

My urologist made two recommendations: 1) do nothing (i.e. live with it), or 2) surgery. I asked about traction and he recommended the andropeyronies device. I insisted on trying the non-invasive route.

TDix

Good luck to you!  I have a similar curve and am going the xiaflex route.  
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Unicorn

I see you have had a few rounds - will you be going the traction route after? Good luck to you too!

TDix

I'm not sure yet.  Going to see how the shots work and go from there.  Definitely an aggressive form of treatment, but I was covered so I went for it
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE