Mohit Khera, MD, “2018 Update on Peyronie’s Disease-what’s around the bend”

Previous topic - Next topic

Crookid

I just watched a 20 minute video by this Dr. I thought others on here may find it helpful. If you do a search for  "2018 Update on Peyronie's Disease – What's Around the Bend" you can watch it. I just finished my last round of Xiaflex injections. I didn't see as much improvement as I hoped but I still have another week before I can test drive Mr. Midnight so we'll see. Here's the link in case you can't find it: https://grandroundsinurology.com/2018-update-on-peyronies-disease-whats-around-the-bend/

skunkworks

Did it contain mention of any treatments not talked about here already?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Crookid

Negative, but he shows the data, or lack thereof in most cases, of pretty much all the treatment options discussed on this site, excluding surgery. It's a very informative video. Probably belongs in another forum section. Feel free to move it wherever it best fits.

skunkworks

That's a common theme when surgeons talk about Peyronie's treatment but they don't hold surgical intervention to the same standard of evidence. You'll note in that video no studies on surgical results are posted.

Notes on the video:

There is more evidence behind pentox than one case report as he claims in the video, there are multiple studies. The studies are here on the forum and easily available.

The evidence he puts up on the screen for traction is actually very strong, and yet he spends about 5 seconds on it?

Rest of the data seems accurate.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

TonySa

Wait, isn't there only one 2009 Iranian study on pentox which was retracted in 2016?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

skunkworks

No there are more, both direct and indirect. I thought we already had a list together somewhere, I will put it together when time permits.

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Gabriel

Skunkworks, your comments are relevant and accurate, as always. I think this is still a great video (thx Crookid), as it is very clear, enthusiast, understandable and almost exhaustive; maybe it would have its place on the "Peyronie Survival Guide" for newbies??  
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

tiagofil

I couldn't get past the first 2 minutes. So a patient presents itself with a 90º curve and says he doesn't care so he should be left alone. With a 90º curvature he can't have any sex relations in intercourse with women or other males. What will this do to is physical and mental health in the long term? Unless he is 70 or 80+ years old he will suffer greatly I'm sure.

Also the explanation of the balloon to new patients is demeaning of the condition and I find it almost insulting.