Getting Xiaflex on the 12th of August.

Previous topic - Next topic

Perceptible Curve

Finally after more than two month wait Xiaflex medication sent to my Urologist. Now need to get  pre-op Blood work, chest X-rays and twelve lead EKG next week She will start the procedure. Very exited to have my curve corrected.

43 degree upward left curve.
Onset of Peyronies ~16 years ago.
~45 Degree bend upwards and a bit to the left.
Completed all cycles of Xiaflex as of April 2019. Slight improvement from Xiaflex and now had a Penile Prothesis implanted Sept 9th 2019.

TDix

Welcome to the club.  Hope everything goes smooth.  I'm close to my second injection on Monday.
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Perceptible Curve

Thanks Trav. How many degrees did your go down if any?
Completed all cycles of Xiaflex as of April 2019. Slight improvement from Xiaflex and now had a Penile Prothesis implanted Sept 9th 2019.

Perceptible Curve

Never mind, stupid question. I was thinking second cycle not second shot from first cycle. Also why can't I delete my own reply's?

TDix

Haha no worries.  Not sure why you can't delete.  I'm in the "bruised and sore" phase at the moment

TonySa

I think you can modify and just indicate "deleted" or something else.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Perceptible Curve

lmn25

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***

Perceptible Curve

The injection date was moved up to today (8-14) at 1300. I will report back after. And thanks for asking.

Perceptible Curve

After seven hours in hospital, Xiaflex is done. About an hour or more in Operating Room alone. As she promised I was sedated. Here is the kicker, received BOTH SHOTS at once and your scar was molded under anesthesia, sites of injection has glue placed on the skin.Taken verbatim from hospital visit summary.  Yes I am aware that this is not the usual protocol. I gathered she done shots before, guess I should have asked point blank and not read into it. No pain still after~5 hours, hurt after coming out of sedation but they gave more pain killer shots. At this point I understand this was not done as directed from Xiaflex makers. But on other hand it might work better, will give it some time and I will give benefit of the doubt barring anything negative  happens.  I have pics but need to be sure they will be posted within the proper part of the forum.

Perceptible Curve

Pics will follow when I learn to make them smaller in data to upload on this forum.

TDix

wow, both shots at once!  No wonder you were in the hospital.  That's intense!

JohnR

50 year old, onset in Feb. '18, diagnosed in Mar '18, 4 rounds of Xiaflex completed, little improvement, mentally overwhelmed...ED issues, major anxiety issues now.

Perceptible Curve

I know this going in and doctor gave no indication of doing it this way. And I could do nothing while sedated on OR table. At this time whats done is done. Now I will take a wait and see approach this might work better who knows. I will be  on this forum with updates as they happen.  

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

TDix

Whoa bro that is distressing to say the least.  I sincerely hope it rectifies itself and you get back to "normal".  Keep us updated man.  I am here for you

Perceptible Curve

Thanks Trav, I too am hoping for a good outcome. And  I hope yours improves as well.

TDix

How are you doing?  I'm curious how sore you are after two injections at the same time

TDix

Never mind I clicked on the thread.  Sorry to hear about the numbness.  I'm glad to hear you got a second opinion.  I would've had a heart attack knowing I was returning to the first dr

Perceptible Curve

Thanks Trav. Healing up but have a few issues, thanks for asking.