New guy, needing lots of help

Previous topic - Next topic

82_vet

Where do i start? I feel like after reading numerous threads on this forum i might have congenital curvature rather than peyronie's disease.

When i was young and starting puberty i remember that i had a slight curvature going upward but as puberty continued it started going downwards.   This only happens when erect,  and it is what i feel is a severe curve downwards.  It does not hurt when i have an erection and from what i can feel i don't have any plaque buildup. Confusing because it used to go up,  then went down by the time i was sexually active back in high school.

Married right out of high school when i joined the military,  was with her for 13 years and just recently found out that she had been cheating on me for years,  we got a divorce and now I'm sitting here completely lost and depressed, did she cheat on me due to my curvature?  I haven't flirted, dated,  or slept with anyone else in 13 years.

Been divorced for a year,  all my buddies are telling me to go get laid so i can move on,  but what they don't understand is that I'm simply embarrassed to be physical with anyone else due to the curvature. It literally feels like my curvature is ruining my life.

I joined this forum to get any type of advice or help,  looking for people to point me in the right direction as far as who would be the best person to see here in the United States to help me with my situation.

Feels weird since I've never done about this with anyone

Monty

Hi, you sound like you have a congenital curve, how bad is your curve? if your unable to have penetrable sex, then I think your only option is surgery.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

82_vet

I'm not sure how to measure it in degrees,  I'd say it's the same curve as a banana?  

82_vet

I can still have sex,  but was slightly limited on positions,  not to mention the psychological effects that are going through my mind since my wife left me,  and was seeing other people

Monty

Your curve is not to bad, if i was you to give yourself some confidence see your Doc and ask to see a uro and get the operation.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

82_vet

I thought about that,  but after reading some reviews on this forum it seems as though a person needs to be 100% confident in their choice of surgeons due to not many docs not knowing what they're doing

haogq

Yes, you need to be very careful when choosing a surgeon to treat issues related with your penis. Chose the highest volume ones in the country. Many uro are not familiar with penile diseases.  Keep in mind that if the first surgeon mess it up, it is impossible to go back to the past.  But I doubt if surgery is the best option for you.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc  THANK YOU!

82_vet

What other options are your there?  Why not recommend surgery?  And who are the best uro's in the country?

Sorry for all the questions,  I'm literally just trying to learn as much as possible from those who have the experience

Monty

Hi, I have a banana curve on penis ,but mine is upward curve.

Cowboy James

I think you are jumping before the stile, 82_vet. First of all, you need to be diagnosed. Do you have peyronies or congenital curvature or something else? Any Urologist/Andrologist can diagnose this; it doesn't have to be the best in the country, but the sooner the better. Even then, for both of peyronies and congenital, surgery is a last resort. You can look at changing doctor later. It seems you are suffering from the break up as well. Have you considered counseling?