Need input regarding use of catheters

Previous topic - Next topic

wallansaini

Hi All.

In 2015, I woke up the next day in ICU after Cervical Spine surgery to realise I had a catheter inserted in my penis.
The nurse promptly removed the catheter where upon I felt a sudden and very severe pain.
I had a burning sensation every time I went to the toilet for the next four weeks.
It was only after about four months I realised I had a very painful erection.
I was subsequently diagnosed with Peyronies Disease.
I am contemplating taking legal action against the hospital.
I have since seen two urologists who do not believe a catheter can cause Peyronies Disease.
If I go to court, I will have to rely on statistics.
That is the reason for my post today.
I would like to hear from anyone who believes they suffered Peyronies Disease after a catheter procedure.
As long as urologists remain in denial, I am afraid more men are going to suffer the fate I have suffered.
I am hoping to change this and force urologists to admit that trauma caused by a catheter can lead to Peyronies Disease.
You can also send your story to my private email at wallan_saini@hotmail.com with a title "Peyronies Disease" so that I don't miss it in the junk mail folder.
I will accept your story even if you are not residing in Australia.

Key details required are:

1. Year the catheter was used and surgical procedure you underwent.
2. When you realised you had Peyronies Disease.
3. Which hospital.
4. Present diagnosis.

Thanks all.

slater44

I wish I could tell you something that would help your case.  The same thing happened to me, in Feb 2017.  A catheter was inserted, and removed, three days in a row and I went through several days of pure hell recovering from it.  Dr. won't even consider that the harm was done by the procedure.  I am going to a new urologist next month and will update, if there is any new diagnosis.

wallansaini

Hi tiagofil

My advice to you is to ask your doctor if he is going to insert a catheter during surgery.
If the answer is yes, tell him you want the condom catheter.
As the name suggests, it goes over the penis and is not inserted.
That should prevent any damage to the penis.
If I had known about this I too would have opted for the condom type.
But it is obviously too late for me.