News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

New to forum

Previous topic - Next topic

TDix

Hello everyone, lurked here for awhile and have decided to post.  Diagnosed with Peyronies last year after waking up with painful erections.  Noticed a few bb sized lumps and was concerned it might be cancer.  Visited a urologist who diagnosed my Peyronies and stated I was in the "wait and see" phase.  Fast forward a year later, and my plaque has grown and I have developed a 30 degree curve to the left.  I have a new urologist, Dr Barton Wachs, and will be starting Xiaflex treatment next week.  Married for over 20 years with 2 children, I am almost 45.  Insurance is covering the treatment, so I will keep everyone updated.  Emotionally its devastating for me, as I'm sure all of you can relate.
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

swiss

Good luck to you and welcome. Was there some sort of injury or did you just wake up with the plaque? Your wife being supportive?  

TDix

No injury, just woke up one morning with pain.  Wife is very supportive, and that makes a big difference.  Still devastated inside, but she helps me work through it.

TDix

Also didn't really notice the lumps until the pain wouldn't go away and did a self exam.  Started as two little bb size lumps, and is now more like a flattened penny shape