10 days after Nesbit and still in pain (Background story included)

Previous topic - Next topic

hardlyart

Morning everyone,

Thought I'd share my experience here as I've been lurking long enough!

I started suffering from a bend in my penis around 2 1/2 years ago.  Much before that I had issues with a tight foreskin.  To be honest, I'd probably had issues on and off for many years.  It came to a point where I really took notice when I could no l anger even force it back even in a hot bath.

I eventually had surgery here in the UK almost 2 weeks ago now.  I must have had a cancellation because I had a letter through only about a week before the surgery. Luckily this didn't give me too much time to stress, despite knowing for a while that I was to have it done.  I didn't really think about it much.  I knew of course what the procedure was but other than speaking to the surgeon, I didn't do any further research on the topic.  I wish now that I had but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

The surgeon explained he would perform a circumcision first then test the penis to see how the bend was.  If it was still there he would perform the nesbit procedure.  It was still present, so he did the nesbit.

I planned to take the rest of the week off which, now looking back, was naive to say the least!  I'm still in pain periodically.  I'm still bleeding at night a little.  There is still a lot of swelling.  I had no idea how uncomfortable it would be for me pubic hair to grow back.  I feel like my shorts are made out of sandpaper.  Can anyone relate!?

Is this typical?  My partner is supportive and helpful but I feel frustrated in the slow recovery.  (I saw another member here mention he was Type 1 Diabetic.  So am I and perhaps thats affecting my recovery a little bit)

TonySa

I wonder if the discomfort is due to the circumcision resulting in exposed glansvwhich had been protected all these years...hence shorts feeling like sandpaper?  Hope circumcision was something you had really wanted and wasn't just pushed on you.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

hardlyart

After being protected from the elements for 43 years its going to take more than a few weeks to get used to underwear!

Circumcision was the only option as far as I was concerned.  I was unable to retract it even the slightest.  Amongst other issues, I had to sit down to pee for two years as I would spray the entire bathroom if I didn't!

DrDoom

Well, I remember when I had a circumcision I had more than 2 weeks pain it was more horrible than the STAGE surgery I had. Give it time it will heal soon. I am now 5th week post op(STAGE OP) and I am not healed aswell, I have some pain on the skin where the circumcision is, so just be patient.