Not diagnosed yet but have been referred to a urologist

Previous topic - Next topic

Stutper

I am 53.I have an hour glass shape towards the base of my penis and something hard (fiberous?). It came on all of a sudden: overnight, without warning.  This happened about a week ago. It seems to be getting worse as its started to lean to the left a little - maybe that's a political statement; I'll have to ask it. As you can imagine I am not a happy man that my trusty weapon is becoming increasingly deformed. I can still get an erection and there is no pain but I am worried about what may be yet to come.

There has been lots of head scratching as to what the cause might be. From reading on the internet I have speculated a few theories. My first is that there is some sort of Dupeytren's going on as I have recently recovered from a frozen shoulder. I'm just hoping that the next thing isn't my hands as I am quite fond of those too. Second theory is that it is some sort of stress related issue. I split up from my partner 3 years ago and it has been a difficult time as she has quite serious undiagnosed mental health issues and has custody of our two young children. Linked to this I do quite a lot of cardio: spin, running and hill walking and I have read some stuff about exercise as a cause. So it may be this with stress and perhaps reduced immunity.Thirdly, injury. When stressed I am more likely to masturbate. What I didn't realise is that vigorous (nothing ridiculous but perhaps over enthusiastic) masturbation, of a not completely erect penis, can cause injury. Finally, as far as I know there is no genetic predisposition but I am not sure that my dad or granddad would have been shouting it from the roof tops. Oh yes, another issue when considering causes, I take Simvastatin for high cholestorol.

Apart from not knowing what to expect in terms of further deformation and sexual function, I am concerned how it might impact on me psychologically due to possible issues forming romantic relationships. I haven't had a full sexual relationship since the split up 3 years ago and before this my hope was that I would move into a new relationship and have good sex. I am now concerned that this will not be possible and don't want to be on my own and sexless for the rest of my life. How on earth can I ever start a new relationship with a less than appealing appendage? It is difficult to know at what point  to say, "I am pleased our relationship is going well and would like to move to the next stage but there is something I have to tell you..." At the moment, I feel that it is fraudulent even to flirt. After all flirting suggests having the ability to fulfill a potentially sexual experience. I am concerned that just one view of my poorly plonker is going to send prospective conquests running into the distance or that I am not going to let myself, or have the confidence to, get into that situation in the first place. So what to do?

Perhaps, I forget romantic relationships altogether?  At 53 relationships are not as easy to start as when I was 23 and this is already more than an added complication. The woman at the gym that has for a reason better known to herself taken an interest in me is going to have to be put off - and just as I was making good progress. Anyway, I have learned to my cost that such passionate associations only end one way: pain, trouble and arguments. On the other hand, I could solicit a suitably disabled partner. I can see my Tinder profile now: "Sexually dysfunctioned male seeks similarly dysfunctioned female for fun times." The swapped photos wouldn't make pretty viewing; not that my penis has ever been pretty but I doubt it will be getting many complements now. How can life change so darn quickly?

So the next step is the urologist. I have been referred but fear the worst. I am expecting a peyronie diagnosis and from what I have seen on here and elsewhere there isn't much that can be done in any case. I am expecting a wait and see response or ineffective vitamins or other medication.

Any comments, sympathy and suggestions for this needy character would be much appreciated. I am in the UK.

TonySa

Hopefully you can find a knowledgeable urologist w which you can both be proactive in your treatment rather than the not helpful wait and see approach.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Cowboy James

How bad is your curve? It might well improve with treatment.