Hello everyone,

Previous topic - Next topic

94user

My name is Paul. I live near Memphis, Tn. I'm a 55 year old white guy and I've had peyronies for about 10 months. Freaked me out when my manhood started bending and hurting one day just out of the blue. Started out with bending to my right and hourglassing in the middle. That changed within a month or so to bending straight up at a 45* angle and no more hourglassing. I've seen what I believe to be a good urologist here in Memphis. Willam V. Shapply III. They did an ultrasound that showed normal blood flow and a large dorsal plaque. I have no problems with ED at all. I've been through 2 rounds of injections. The first course did nothing to help. I had no bruising or swelling, it was just like nothing ever happened.  Last Friday I got my first shot of the 2nd round. Again, no bruising /swelling. about 4 hours ago I got my 2nd shot of the second round. I've got some pretty good swelling now but no bruising so far and the only pain I feel is from the needle stick like the other times which had always gone away by the morning after. I'm hoping this means the Xiaflex is starting to work.  I'ts my only option because I will NOT have anyone cut on my penis voluntarily. I'm old enough that sex isn't as high a priority as it used to be between my wife and I.

That's my story. I joined up here late last year while sitting in the Urologist's office. I've learned a few things here and I'm glad I found this place. Ignorance of and the lack of info on Peyronies is frustrating.  

Stabler

Welcome to the forum,

Its good that you have sought treatment and that you have found a urologist that is knowledgeable on Peyroines. I hope that you fine the forum useful and please ask questions everyone here is very helpful

Stabler67  
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.