Extension adapter for restorex in progress

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

Hello. I am in the process of developing an extension rod for the clamp that would allow the opposite angular force of my penis to be lower than what the restorex currently allows. Does anyone think this is a good idea? Lol

Pfract

I couldn't understand quite exactly what you where saying 🤔

swiss

The restorex's clamp can move lower or higher based on where your plaque is located. Even at its highest position it still isn't low enough to properly affect a plaque closer to the base of the penis. If you could move up the clamp an inch it could get a better force on that area of plaque.  

WhatNext81

I would say that's not necessary. Check out that video where they show the device in use. The dr explains what you're attempting to address, it's already effective. I would also guess that could void the year warranty and could potentially mess the device up. Hard to say, though without seeing what you're doing. I'd hate to have it fail with 7lbs of force while in an angle correcting position.

That said, "You're the doc, doc."-Back to the Future. Haha Good luck and post pics.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

swiss

If it failed with 7lbs of force I don't think anything would happen. If that spring dislodged suddenly. Honestly, it's probably an easy tweak. It might not be necessary, but something tells me it will be more helpful. My plaque is an inch from the base...super annoying.  

WhatNext81

I had a bit of plaque near the base as well, accompanied by a nice indentation. I feel with it that close, stretching straight out helped me a bunch.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

swiss

I feel it stretching in that area straight out a lot as well. How long for your dent to reduce?

WhatNext81

Somewhere between my 2nd and 3rd cycle of xiaflex. Around 4 months? I did hand mondeling 5 times a day as well. Only a total of 5 mins roughly. 30 seconds straight, 30 seconds opposite of curvature, each time. I would make sure to bend opposite(hand modeling)of the dent with my finger right at the base, and stretched it over the finger. I would then do traction with RestoreX.  

swiss

Interesting. I thought that xialeflex wouldnt help dents. That's good to know.

WhatNext81

Pretty sure one of the studies showed improvements on deformities such as indentations, hourglassing, buckling, etc. I was pretty twisted on the underside along with the dent, on the side.  I had loss of sensation on the underside as well. Really freaked me out. I could run my finger all along the bottom of my shaft and couldn't feel much of anything in an area roughly 2.5" long. The sensitivity came back after the deformity resolved.

Really wish I would've kept a journal going during all of this. It was too depressing to see it in writing. Had to try and keep my head in the right spot.

Anyways, best of luck to you.  

swiss

Thanks whats next. Im feeling a lot of positive news from the forum this last month. It is much appreciated. At the minimum, my penis feels a lot healthier.  

swiss

Here is the adapter that my best friend came up with for me. It's professionally machined and gets the opposite angular force closer to where I need it for my particular situation. My flaccid stretch is 6inches. I can make this adapter with longer holes too if I had a longer flaccid stretch, but overall this is a way better modification and I hope to see better results in the next few months. As you can see the opposite angular is closer to the center now and puts more force lower where my scar is. Super stoked for this!  

Pfract

Hey Swiss! I looked at the picture, but unfortunately I could not tell the difference from this to the normal device. Also... I know it's a bit odd, maybe embarrassing, thinking about having a picture of your penis posted online, but don't feel like that. Nobody knows who you are,never forget that!  

swiss

I thought the drawing was funny.

So the clamp can only be raised a certain bit. I made an adapter that raised it about an inch higher than possible so the opposite angular force is where I need it. Look at the thicker white nobs at the base of the clamp.  

betterbend

Swiss, maybe call the manufacturer and discuss what you need, perhaps they could work with you to design an improvement...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

swiss

haha. I just developed the improvement though. It is in the photo above. It raises the clamp. It's on the device now. It works. lol.  

swiss

So you'll see that there are 3 notches for extending the clamp up or down on the side depending on the location of your plaque. I added an extender ABOVE that. My plaque is really low on the penis. This gives me better tension where I need it.  

Pfract

Now I see it! Very cool you are making mods to your device! Also, do you bend your penis while ON the device?  

swiss

Yes! I felt like I needed this. Now it bend exactly where I need it to bend instead of higher up on my penis