Should I go keto?

Previous topic - Next topic

SF99

After an injury, I have been dealing with symptoms for two months now. I have two areas of visible deformity that were often painful when flaccid, but they did not cause a curve yet. I have now been taking pentox for a few days and the flaccid pain has mostly subsided, but I have recently developed a new symptom. I now feel a tightness/discomfort when erect. The origin of this tightness isn't even on either of the deformities! I'm scared that I have more injured sites that haven't even become visible yet. I have a great uro who prescribed me pentox, and I hope he will give me the script for H-100, but until then, I want to do everything I can to stop the progression. I want to hold off of VED though because I'm scared that I will make it worse.
Would going keto help my body heal? This issue was caused by an injury, so I know it is not due to dietary issues, but could cutting out carbs and getting those ketones really help me? I'd be willing to try anything at this point.
Thanks.
21 y/o. Indent and pain on lower left part of shaft.

TonySa

Keto diet is great for countering any inflammatory disease processes.  Wouldn't hurt and most likely will help.  I've been keto for 6 minths, no significant  improvemebt with peyronies but feeling great and lost 20 lbs.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

SF99

Quote deleted by moderator. Read the forum rules!
Thanks, man. Just wondering if your disease is stable or was when you started this diet. See, I am actually underweight at the moment and can't afford to lose any more weight. I would only try this if there was a possibility of improvement since I am still in the active phase.
21 y/o. Indent and pain on lower left part of shaft.

NeoV

I lost weight only initially when transitioning to keto. Then I gained lean muscle and look much better a year later. At first your gut and mitochondrial pool won't be capable of harvesting energy, but they adapt and you come out the other end more energy efficient. Peyronies and many modern diseases are the product of an energy crisis to begin with, where glucose can't be used properly and lipids not at all. Your bodies ability to use both of these improves on keto.

We tend to think that if we are thin we need more carbs, but it may be the opppsite. Insulin resistance makes it very hard to put on muscle. Instead of eating more, you will get bigger long term by restoring insulin sensitivity and becoming fat adapted.

TonySa

Low carb tends to lead to weight loss for people with excess weight, due to increased satiety and fat burning. However, low-carb foods are very nutrient dense (high fat and protein) and can assist lean weight gain in people who are underweight.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.