Cost of Xiaflex?

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie74

I just learned that its $3800 per injection, just the injection, not including the visit etc with Dr. Goldstein. I'm distraught, I don't have that kind of money. Any advice? Is there:

• A country that does the procedure cheaper?
  • Is there a special insurance I can seek out that will cover it? (mine doesn't, Enhanced Care PPO thru Covered California
  • How many injections typically are done?
  • Is the treatment that good? Slam dunk?
  • Is this superior to verapamil and interferon?
I'm so grateful for any advice or comments

TonySa

Why did enhanced care PPO deny it?  I would appeal their denial.  Do you have the minimum 30 degree curve and for at least 6 months?  Most insurances initially deny expensive procedures which in order to get covered must be appealed.  You need a doc who will help w the appeal.  Dr Levine who is very well regarded believes in verapramil injections which are less expensive.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

charlie74

Tsanchez12369,

I haven't been denied, I guess I just assumed since Goldstein's office isn't covered. The visit alone is gonna be a $1500 visit without the injection. I'll get on the phone with my insurance and dig, thank you for the reply which just gave me a little encouragement and hope.

Anybody been treated in Costa Rica? They do a lot of medical procedures cheaper down there, people come in from Canada and US. https://www.health-tourism.com/peyronies-disease-surgery/costa-rica/