Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and peyronies: a correlation?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dressa

Hi!

My sister and one of her daughters have a diagnose (EDS). I haven't got a diagnose but share some of the symtoms. To get a diagnose you have to fulfil a fixed protocol of symtoms anf I'm not there. But EDS is a connective tissue disorder usually with hypermobility anf loose joints as key symtoms. I wonder if any of you guys have this?

NeoV

Collagen tissue disorders tend to come together and Peyronie's is no exception. High blood sugars or high insulin gave me carpal tunnel, and early frozen shoulder. Luckily I can say that they are all going away or mostly gone! As for that precise diagnosis, I'll do some hunting online today.

Dressa

I haven't found anything on this. EDS is a pretty rare disorder. It usually presents itself with subluxations and pain from hypermobile joints. To get a proper diagnose you have to match a protocole called the beighton scale. I have many secondary findings but do not share the major criterias for EDS. I am not hypermobile and thus do not clinically have EDS. Peyronies hit me six months ago and that started these thoughts.  

pey ron

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Dressa

Hi guys!

Nothing new on peyronies and ehlers danlos syndrome?

aworriedguy

Yes I have the hypermobility subtype of Elhers Danlos. I am pretty convinced this is why I have peyronies to begin with. Essentially i had a couple of minor traumas to my dick, and my body sucks at healing connective tissue soo..

Dressa

Ah I see! My sister has been diagnoses with the same subtype as you. I have no diagnose yet. I have never been bendy but I have had problems with my feet and my teeth. A year ago I was diagnosed with peyronies.