The "during cycle" period

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerdave66

Going in for xiaflex next week. I'm trying to better understand why the prohibitions on erections and/or sexual activity during the cycle. From C1 to C2 is 6 weeks. It appears that between C1 shot 1 and 2 weeks post shot 2, if not longer, you are to abstain.

But I can't find out why. I see that set modeling is to happen and modeling during random erections. So if an erection is ok for modeling, why is everything else off the table?

What are the DR trying to keep from happening during this 4 week hiatus period?

Any insight is appreciated.

TonySa

No sex decreases increased risk of fracture post injection.  Some do gentle masrurbation if cannot abstain fully.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

dangerdave66

Why would a fracture be more likely after an injection than before? Does the drug weaken normal tissue as well as plaque?

dangerdave66

So, to be clear, it isn't an erection that is a problem but rather the act(s) that could be traumatic during the healing windows? So if my lovely wife gave a mouth only BJ and that gets me off, that is probably a safe bet? Clearly I'm looking for a reason for a BJ. :)