Introduction time - just got back from the doctor (UK, NHS)

Previous topic - Next topic

Planetsmasher

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now, but after my doctors appointment I figured it's time to start interacting. I feel like I've been on a long Peyronies journey so far.

I've been looking at my left ~40 degree curve for about 3 years now, and recently have been doing a lot of research in to it. After struggling to have sex last year, alarm bells really started to go off (I never used to have any problem, like 6 years ago). As far as I can tell, the only symptom I have is the curve. No dents, no hour glassing, no hard plaque I can feel, just a strong curve when erect.

I figured the responsible thing to do first would be to make an appointment with an NHS sexual health clinic, to see if they could give me any advice. They did not. In fact the woman I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. Turns out they are only interested in STIs. So next I turned to my NHS doctor who I saw this week, and after describing my curve and difficulty having sex, literally the next thing he mentioned was Peyronie's disease. He has now referred me to an NHS Urologist and I am expecting a letter to come soon with an appointment time. My doctor said it was very likely I will require surgery.

I felt weirdly depressed after leaving the doctors, even though I got the answer to the question I've been asking for 3 years now. I think having someone else actually tell me I have Peyronie's kinda hit me hard.

So that's that. Urologist appointment soon to discuss next steps. So far, through my own research, I have felt much more in favour of the traction device options rather than surgical...so I'm not sure what to expect from here on. I understand certain procedures can have unwanted side effects? From what I can tell, the NHS don't really offer traction devices. We'll see what happens. At the end of the day they can't force a surgery on me.

I did wonder if anyone here has had experience dealing with Peyronie's in the UK and through the NHS? We can take this to another forum room if it's the best place to discuss further.

Monty

71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Monty

Hi, i saw the local URO at our hospital last November, she put me on to using a VED, which i got through the NHS, one of the best you can buy.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,9741.0.html

just take a look at this link.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life