Protocol and Administering Treatments

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatNext81

One thing I wonder about with a lot of drs, maybe those who don't have a lot of expierence under their belts is, the amount of time xiaflex sits out after measured out.

The way I understand it is, a pharmacy rep is present when the doseage is being measured out. I think it's the companies policy? Could be possible that was how it was done where I received treatments due to extremely high volume of paintents in general.  But, it's got a 30 min shelf life, prior to being injected before it loses its effectiveness. Now, if things don't go according to plan, they can keep it on ice if things exceed that 30 mins. I wonder how many drs follow this and if all drs offices have reps to oversee the quantity. Seems easier and more logical in a large scale operation, but at smaller practices, I wonder?

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

TonySa

Wouldn't think a pharmacy rep is needed, how many would they need to be in all the medical offices?  Maybe it was just at the time of the original study?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.