Levels of serum trace elements in patients with Peyronie.

Previous topic - Next topic

Paolo

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

swiss

It is interesting. I have suspected a magnesium deficiency for a while. Nothing that has been diagnosed in fact I seem to be in normal range in mag levels for blood tests, however-
I have had palpitations for years, if I start to get palpitations I mega dose magnesium until it goes away. Sometimes it takes a day or two to settle down. I can take a lot of magnesium and my stools remind unchanged, when if you have too much mag in the system you get soft stools. I definitely suspect some sort of imbalance. I dunno though.

pey ron

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

MJohn

Anyone see this study that came out this month?   The study doesn't say the lack of these minerals causes Peyronie's, but makes it clear that they were "siginficantly" deficient in all the Peyronie's sufferers as compared to the normal group.  I just bought a trace mineral supplement.  Anything is worth a shot to try; right gents?

Aging Male. 2018 May 17:1-4. doi: 10.1080/13685538.2018.1474195. [Epub ahead of print]
Levels of serum trace elements in patients with Peyronie.
Gunes M1, Aslan R2, Eryılmaz R2, Demir H3, Taken K2.
Author information
Abstract
AIM:
The etiology of the disease of Peyronie is not certainly known. However, penile micro traumas are thought to be important in the pathogenesis of Peyronie's disease (Peyronies Disease) in genetically predisposed individuals. In this study, we aimed to determine the relationship of some trace element and heavy metals with Peyronies Disease.

MATERIAL AND METHODS:
Thirty Peyronie patients and 26 healthy volunteers were included in the study. In individuals in both groups, levels of serum trace elements (Manganese [Mn], Cu, Cobalt (Co), zinc [Zn], Cd, and iron [Fe]) were determined separately by Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer method in Yüzüncü Yıl University Central Research Laboratory.

RESULTS:
Mn, Cu, Zn, and Fe levels in Peyronie patients were statistically significantly lower when compared to the healthy control group (p < .05). Cd and Co levels were similar for both groups but not statistically significant (p > .05).

CONCLUSIONS:
The changes in trace element levels are related to the etiopathogenesis of Peyronies Disease. We think that our study is the first from this aspect.

skunkworks

This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

alec

I will ask my doc to run a blood test for those elements
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

Gabriel

Yep, me too, I'm seeing my main uro tomorrow, will ask him to make me a paper for these, and will keep you informed !

Thx for the study guys, definitly interesting !!!
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

alec

30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

Gabriel

Hi guys,

Yep, checked my results last week, sorry I had very little time since then. Well, unfortunately, nothing wrong with me about these elements... But it can't hurt for the others folks to give it a shot!
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.