New here. Just started Xiaflex injections

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne354

Hi, I'm Shayne. I guess it's obvious why I'm here. I just did my first series of Xiaflex injections. Curious how many people get these and what if any improvement you see. I'm in West Michigan and my Dr seems well versed in both injections and surgery.  

alec

I am thinking about xiaflex but really afraid of pain and further damage... how
are you coping? What were your experiences with
Xiaflex?
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

TonySa

There's a xiaflex success string in the forum.  Some have had good success.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

chasema

Shayne, how long did you have to wait after consultation with Doctor to get your shots done? Did you need insurance approval? Just curious as I will be meeting with my Doctor tomorrow for discussing Xiaflex shots. And good luck with the future shots too, hope all goes well for you.  

TonySa

The wait depends upon their schedule.  dr Lue does so many it can take awhile to get an appointment, where another doc I saw was ready to immediately proceed.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Shayne354

My first appointment with the uro I still wasn't stable. I waited six months. At the next appointment I was given the option of surgery or the injections. I decided to do the injections. I was given an appointment four weeks out. That was postponed another four weeks due to insurance. I am approved for four series, a total of 8 injections. I did them last week. As for the pain, well I had it in my head that it was going to be bad. The first one didn't hurt. Not even as much as any injection in the ass. I had a little swelling so the one the next day did  a bit. It's still nothing horrible. One thing I am having that I came here looking for an answer to. In the last few months my penis has been drawn up. I mean bad. Like it's only a couple inches and only the head sticking out. I asked if the injections would help that and he said maybe.  The exercises do seem to make me hang normal. Have others had this problem?

TonySa

Shayne354

JohnR

50 year old, onset in Feb. '18, diagnosed in Mar '18, 4 rounds of Xiaflex completed, little improvement, mentally overwhelmed...ED issues, major anxiety issues now.