What would you do? 2 Doctors, 1 Penis

Previous topic - Next topic

Chernoblyat

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for my english. I am not a native speaker.

I am 27 years old and I have a congenital curvature (downwards; 60 degrees) since 15 years. I never had sex because I always knew something was wrong with me. Bad thing about this is that I dont know if surgery is really necessary in my case. Maybe I wouldnt have any problems during sex??? Well my doctor said, with 60° curvature it is expectable that problems will occure during intercourse. I talked to my urologist who sent me to Prof. Sven Lahme in Pforzheim (Germany). My Urologist claimed that Prof. Lahme is one of the best in this sector when it comes to curvature corrections.
I already talked to Prof. Lahme and he showed me with his fingers how much length I will presumably loose (It looked like 3cm or more). I guess that must be Nesbit technique. He made more than 300 surgeries for congenital curvature as well as Induratio Penis Plastica surgeries. I will not pay for the surgery since I have a health insurance here in Germany.
But I am not sure if I should get in touch with Dr Kuehhas since he uses STAGE technique - I also do not know if my health insurance will cover the costs due at Dr Kuehhas. I will definitely talk to my insurance about that.

What do you guys think of Prof. Sven Lahme? Any experiences with him?
Can anybody tell me how much it will cost me if I do the surgery with Dr Kuehhas?
Is Nesbit really that dangerous in comparison to STAGE?

I have an appointment with Prof. Lahme next month for my surgery. I am sick of being not normal. I am thinking of just going for it. On the other hand, I think, maybe its just dumb and I might regret it. Prof. Lahme talked to me like if everything is going to be fine; "As long as you know what you are doing, it isn't a big deal." he said to me. I believe him since he knows what he is doing. But still, I'm hella afraid that it gets shorter than I expect or that something worse will happen.

With the information above given, what would you do if you were in my situation?

Cheers & Thanks!

sargus

Hi Chernoblyat.

The length loss when it comes to STAGE can be predicted easily.
Take a soft measuring tape and lay it down on your penis to measure the short side length. In your case measure  the penis from below during erection. The length from above is deceiving because it is the longest side of your penis.
That what the result i got from my STAGE surgery.

If I were you I would have one consultation with Kuehhas as well. After that I would evaluate the situation and make my decision.  

Monty

go for it, you are to young not have a penis that would course you sexual problems, Go for the op.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

TonySa

What are current measurements and how much are you willing to lose in length?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Monty

Better to have a smaller penis you can use, than a bigger one that you can't use.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

mst

Don't worry about the lenght. You won't lose much. Your penis would be bigger for you because it will be straight, not curved. BUT ask your doctor about his method. Don't do Nesbit!

In my opinion you should schedule some appointment with the american doctors like dr Lue, dr Gelman, dr Levine. It seems to me that they are the best in penis surgeries in whole world. I didn't trust Kuehhas and some members of this forum has said that I have personal problem with this doctor but I don't think it is the truth. Read the stories of redbullmaster, kusher, jack1909, yyy, daved2.

Here is what dr Gelman from the USA says about the lenght:

Some studies indicate that with plication, a certain percentage of patients experience shortening. That never made sense to me. When a plication is performed, the long side will be shortened 100% of the time. The long side is shortened on purpose so that both sides are equal. In reality, in many cases, plication tilts the penis straight without causing disabling shortening while correcting disabling curvature. I therefore believe that plication is an excellent options for many patients.

Moreover, the disease itself causing some global shortening, just on one side more than the other, and even with a graft, if a patient expects to have the exact length as prior to the disease, he may be disappointed. Our goal is to provide the patient with a penis that is straight and functional, and our approach is individualized.

https://www.mypeyronies.com/dr-joel-gelman.html

DrDoom

Ehm, you don't need to go to Dr Kuehhas. I am also living in Germany and found a doctor who uses as-well the STAGE technique.
Angeborene Penisverkrümmung: operative Behandlung

I know exactly what you feel, the doctors here in Frankfurt use just the Nesbit technique and they told me that there will be a legth loss between 2 - 2,5 cm. So I decided to go to Dr. Djakovic, I will drive 5 hours but I think it is it worth, since he made apparently mroe than 1000 penis surgeries and makes weekly the STAGE surgery, so I believe it will go good.
Anyways, I can keep you updated about my experience with him and you can also make an appointment with him, my surgery is on 21st June.

alasch

quetzel that is good for you. Good luck. I prefer to go to Kuehhas as he is very experienced and he has a proven legacy... I think it is important to stress out that it is not the technique that ensures a straight penis. It is the combination of a good surgeon and the correct technique.
Good luck and let us know how it went  

djordj

[full quote removed]

go to Spain.

Dr. natalio Cruz is using rotation technique. 0,5-1 cm lenght loss
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

djordj

go to Spain.

Dr. natalio Cruz is using rotation technique. 0,5-1 cm lenght loss
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

DrDoom, what was the outcome of your surgery?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.